Lloyds Bank forms an integral part of Lloyds Banking Group, a UK-focused retail and commercial bank with more than 30 million customers. Our operations in North America include corporate and wholesale banking, as well as broker dealership. Our strategy is to provide a client-focused approach for global businesses with strong links to the UK. We have been operating in North America for over 100 years, with offices in New York and Houston.
Lloyds Bank is committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the industry and embracing the diversity of our people. We offer our colleagues ongoing training and development, mentoring, and networking opportunities, as well as extremely competitive benefits and vacation leave. We are dedicated to working with our community and in addition to a calendar of work-based volunteering and fundraising opportunities, we offer colleagues a “day to make a difference” each year for a charity of their choice.
Network Engineer is an IT professional with responsibility for design, implementation and support of network solutions for the organization. In collaboration with members of the Enterprise Architecture and Design, IT Security, IT Development and Application/Database Support teams, the Network Engineer will implement practical solutions to maintain stability of Bank's internal and external network infrastructure. This includes the on-going maintenance and management of hardware and software that support the organization's network, analyse and troubleshooting problems, and monitor for potential network problems or incidents. Network Engineer will be primarily responsible for support of the existing Cisco Voice infrastructure.
• Maintain Cisco Call Manager, IPC Unigy, and associated applications
• Network Traffic monitoring; early detection and fast reaction to unexpected “suspicious" situations (i.e. unusual traffic volume, port attacks, rogue devices in the network, etc.).
• Network design and security
• Network event analysis and monitoring
• Monitor compliance with information security procedures and policies
• Work with project teams to design and implement secure network connectivity solutions
• Provide an escalation path for operations and deployment staff to resolve problems
• Evaluate and certify new technologies or new versions of existing products
• Integrate new products into the infrastructure
• Act as escalation point to vendor to resolve problems
• Write and maintain technical documentation including design docs, test plans, project plans, procedures, incident reports and troubleshooting guides
• Responsible for compliance with all Bank and Regulatory rules