Lloyds Bank forms an integral part of Lloyds Banking Group, a UK-focused retail and commercial bank with more than 30 million customers. We have been operating in North America for over 100 years, where our strategy is to provide a client-focused approach for global businesses with strong links to the UK. Our New York operations include corporate and wholesale banking, as well as broker dealership, through Lloyds Securities Inc.
Lloyds Bank is committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the industry and embracing the diversity of our people. We offer our colleagues ongoing training and development, mentoring, and networking opportunities, as well as extremely competitive benefits and vacation leave. We are dedicated to working with our community and in addition to a calendar of work-based volunteering and fundraising opportunities; we offer colleagues a “day to make a difference” each year for a charity of their choice.
Qualified candidates will have at least one year of FX / rates experience covering corporate and/or institutional clients and be responsible in participating in all facets of financial markets Sales business in North America and as a component of Global Corporate and Institutional Sales. Good working knowledge of FX, Commodity and Liability products including derivatives are required. Responsibilities will include marketing the Bank’s FX products, delivering content and pricing to clients and internal partners. The role will require proactive management of new and existing client relationships in order to further develop the business.
Looking for a candidate to bring their 1 – 2 years of FX experience to Lloyds and be able to execute trades. This hire will interact with clients, and be client facing from day 1. Ideal candidate should possess the series 7 and 63.
• Marketing the bank’s FX products to large cap corporate and institutional clients. Must have market knowledge, interest, and experience in the FX and electronic FX industry
• Maintain continuous phone and electronic channel communications with US clients for FX/MM/Commodity transactions and information requests during the NY business day.
• On board, maintain and develop relationships with new and existing clients
• Monitor, update, and action orders (communicate changes, fills, etc. and book trades) in global book as appropriate for all clients during hours between European and Asian trading sessions.
• On-demand trade pricing and execution for Corporate and Institutional (FI) client segments.
• Manage transactional relationships to identify and satisfy customer FX/MM/C needs to meet Bank credit, compliance, and profitability requirements.
• Input transactions into relevant trade entry systems in a timely and accurate fashion to ensure full visibility of bank risk and allow for Operations to confirm and process trades as quickly as possible.
• Liaise with client, Coverage team, Onboarding team and others to complete due diligence, credit underwriting, documentation, etc. and enable active FX/MM/Commodities trading.
• Pre-deal credit checks and pre-/post-deal RAROC analysis.
• Preparation of materials for inclusion in client and/or internal presentations.
• Help develop business leads and introductions as appropriate to maximise business growth for the Group.
• Update and maintain databases and prepare Management Information (MI) reports including pipeline, Client Relationship Management systems, client activity, onboarding progress, etc.
• FX/MM/Rates/Commodities trade entry and reporting for all clients dealing into the NY desk.
Education and experience required:
• Undergraduate degree
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong skills in various Office products (Excel, Powerpoint)
• Prior experience as a Banking Analyst preferred
• Series 7 and 63
Key skills and knowledge required:
• Proven ability to manage and execute basic foreign exchange spot, forward and derivative products across various asset classes.
• Knowledge of FX options and other structured products.
• Familiarity with market standard technology
• Ability to dynamically re-prioritise workflow and manage multiple processes simultaneously.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to proactively manage tasks and issues
• Organizational awareness
• Strong work ethic, detail orientation and team player