Lloyds Bank forms an integral part of Lloyds Banking Group, a UK-focused retail and commercial bank with more than 30 million customers. Our operations in North America include corporate and wholesale banking, as well as broker dealership. Our strategy is to provide a client-focused approach for global businesses with strong links to the UK. We have been operating in North America for over 100 years, with offices in New York and Houston.
Lloyds Bank is committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the industry and embracing the diversity of our people. We offer our colleagues ongoing training and development, mentoring, and networking opportunities, as well as extremely competitive benefits and vacation leave. We are dedicated to working with our community and in addition to a calendar of work-based volunteering and fundraising opportunities, we offer colleagues a “day to make a difference” each year for a charity of their choice.
As the Audit Manager, the purpose of your role is to:
• Plan, organize and deliver work on audit engagements to assess the adequacy of the control framework and document risk issues for business management in a clear and objective way
• Prepare constructive recommendations for improvements to manage and control risk
• Ensure that audits are carried out effectively within allocated timescales and undertaken in line with Group Audit Methodology and Standards
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
• Partnering with Heads of Audit and other stakeholders in Group Internal Audit to ensure all key specialist risks are appropriately covered across the Divisions. Specific experience on Front Office functions (i.e. Sales and Trading, Financing) and Global Transaction Banking (i.e. cash management, invoice financing) required; commercial banking product knowledge significant.
• Knowledge of digital banking products and understanding of basic technology controls and processes is a plus
• Ability to multi-task and simultaneously engage in more than one audit at a time.
• Providing input to Head of Audit to develop and agree a risk based plan that meets regulatory requirements
• Educating the business in control best practices by applying current industry and regulatory knowledge, technical expertise and complying with relevant policies.
• Providing a supportive, learning focused environment by managing, developing and appraising staff on the engagement teams.
• Supporting the Head of Audit with Relationship Management/Continuous Auditing work on an on-going basis.
A successful candidate will need to have a track record of success and the skills and ability to learn and grown in role to take on more responsibility.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in internal audit required in Commercial Banking, Capital Markets and the Broker Dealer Industry.
• BS / BA in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field required.
• Advanced degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field a plus.
• Professional certifications (CPA, CRP, CIA, CFSA, ACCA, ACAMS, AMLCA) Advanced knowledge of US and UK banking and regulatory requirements.
• Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills, while maintaining independence from the business.
• Ability to develop risk based audit procedures for regulatory required and risk based audits.
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and influencing skills
• Ability to develop and maintain relevant external links with regulatory bodies and external auditors and maintain knowledge of relevant laws and regulations and auditing best practices