Lloyds Bank forms an integral part of Lloyds Banking Group, a UK-focused retail and commercial bank with more than 30 million customers. Our operations in North America include corporate and wholesale banking, as well as broker dealership. Our strategy is to provide a client-focused approach for global businesses with strong links to the UK. We have been operating in North America for over 100 years, with offices in New York and Houston.
Lloyds Bank is committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the industry and embracing the diversity of our people. We offer our colleagues ongoing training and development, mentoring, and networking opportunities, as well as extremely competitive benefits and vacation leave. We are dedicated to working with our community and in addition to a calendar of work-based volunteering and fundraising opportunities, we offer colleagues a “day to make a difference” each year for a charity of their choice.
The Senior Analyst will provide support to experienced Credit Analysts who have responsibility for analyzing and managing credit risk across a portfolio of major Fortune 500 companies in the Bank’s Global Corporate portfolio, covering Industrials, Technology, Media & Telecoms, Transport, Infrastructure, Resources & Energy, and Consumer & Services. The role will cover all aspects of financial, risk and industry analysis in addition to financial modelling and the preparation of credit applications.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, collaborative, organized, proactive, and a team player with strong analytical skills.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
• Contribute to the preparation of succinct, risk-focused credit application reports for new clients and for the annual review of existing relationships, by:
1. Spreading and analyzing financial accounts and completing the subjective analysis of customers to generate internal credit risk ratings
2. Researching industry, company and transaction-based credit risks
3. Liaising with internal product partners and coverage teams to ensure effective progression of credit proposals
4. Participating in the credit decision process through interaction with credit sanctioners
• Support internal and regulatory reporting requirements
• Monitor business news reports for portfolio companies and report any notable events in a timely manner
• Process administrative requests and support the team on ad hoc projects
• Senior Analysts will be expected to progressively handle more of the report writing, ultimately being responsible for completion of a full credit application
• 1-2 years in the Financial Sector, preferably with experience in financial analysis
• Undergraduate degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance or Business related fields
• Prior experience working in a credit market role would be beneficial