Lloyds Bank forms an integral part of Lloyds Banking Group, a UK-focused retail and commercial bank with more than 30 million customers. Our operations in North America include corporate and wholesale banking, as well as broker dealership. Our strategy is to provide a client-focused approach for global businesses with strong links to the UK. We have been operating in North America for over 100 years, with offices in New York.
• Deliver professional Human Resources expertise and input into the development and implementation of HR strategy and policy.
• Contribute to the development of medium-term operational plans and implement plans specific to supported business areas.
• Influence, develop and motivate colleagues, creating high performing teams that will deliver business objectives.
• Lead, develop and implement processes to deliver Group policy aligned to own areas of responsibility
• Engage with stakeholders, providing guidance, advice and challenge in order to support the delivery of LBG values and behaviors.
• Develop a network of colleagues and external advisers, keeping abreast of benchmark practice in order to influence policy and local strategy development.
• Identify and facilitate HR programs/projects/interventions, liaising with multi-functional teams to achieve behavioral change and continuous improvement.
• Specify content for materials which facilitate the effective communication and implementation of HR policy.
• Review and evaluate all decisions to identify and ensure all risks (financial, people, regulatory and operational) are managed and mitigated effectively.
• Takes the lead on working with business areas to advise, facilitate and coordinate on keys area of effective people management, such as :o Organisation Change and Development
o Performance Management
o Talent Management & Succession planning
o Employee Relations
• Work in partnership closely with other specialist areas within Human Resources to provide business with them seamless guidance and support in the areas of :
o Learning & Development
• Stay current on US employment law; scan the environment and responsible for effectively communicating any changes regarding local employment law throughout the HR team.
• Identify and use HR management information to help the business make informed decisions, by undertaking analysis in order to identify issues and recommend solutions.
• Provide coaching and counsel to employees at all levels
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with business areas including the exchange of information in order to identify current and future HR related requirements.
• Contribute towards the overall Human Resources strategy plan and periodic plan reviews ensuring these are consistent with business requirements and Bank policy.
• Develop and continue to grow close working relationships with HR counterparts across the Group on an international basis.
• Integrate Lean across areas of responsibility to ensure that an approach to process and continuous improvement is in place.
• Ensure process flows are developed and maintained.
• Meet Internal & External Audit requirements
• Responsible for knowing, understanding, and complying with all Bank and governmental rules and regulations that apply to his/her job (details of such rules and regulations can be obtained from the employee's supervisor and/or Local Compliance Dept.)
• Responsible for reporting to the Chief Risk Officer or to the Head of Compliance any non-compliance with Lloyds Banking Group or governmental rules or regulations that may come to the employee's attention in the course of his/her employment.
• Minimum Undergraduate Degree / Ideally Master’s Degree
• Prior experience of being an HRBP supporting a number of different business areas
• Prior experience of within a complex international matrix structure with a number of different stakeholder
• Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and YP