Lloyds Bank forms an integral part of Lloyds Banking Group, a UK-focused retail and commercial bank with more than 30 million customers. Our operations in North America include corporate and wholesale banking, as well as broker dealership. Our strategy is to provide a client-focused approach for global businesses with strong links to the UK. We have been operating in North America for over 100 years, with offices in New York and Houston.
Lloyds Bank is committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the industry and embracing the diversity of our people. We offer our colleagues ongoing training and development, mentoring, and networking opportunities, as well as extremely competitive benefits and vacation leave. We are dedicated to working with our community and in addition to a calendar of work-based volunteering and fundraising opportunities; we offer colleagues a “day to make a difference” each year for a charity of their choice.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the Monthly Trend Review process. Assist in the preparation of monthly reporting and analysis against prior month, providing explanations and business insight into the Lending, Deposits and Global Transaction Banking portfolios.
• Support the cyclical budgeting and forecasting process for the aforementioned products, working with a diverse pool of internal stakeholders and their respective teams to help deliver the financial targets.
• Partner with the US Business and UK Finances team providing them with the information they need to manage their business effectively
• Monthly Liquidity Transfer Pricing (LTP) reporting – calculating and reviewing the monthly (LTP) income on deposits to support the effective management of client relationships and profitability return calculations.
• Ownership of ad-hoc request relating to the role such as Stress Testing and Deposit reporting.
Education and Experience Required:
• Preferred working knowledge and understanding of a Finance function, including Financial and Capital Markets.
• Ability to process and input complex information requiring attention to detail.
• Preferred 2+ years’ experience working within a Financial Services organization.
Key skills and knowledge required:
• Ability to work in an open environment with demonstrated team player attributes
• Strong work ethic, motivation, detail orientation and a passion for excellence
• Ability to excel in both team and self-directed settings
• Ability to work in a multi tasked environment
• Effective written and oral communication
• Organisational Awareness
• Interpersonal Skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, including MS
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines