Lloyds Bank forms an integral part of Lloyds Banking Group, a UK-focused retail and commercial bank with more than 30 million customers. Our operations in North America include corporate and wholesale banking, as well as broker dealership. Our strategy is to provide a client-focused approach for global businesses with strong links to the UK.
Lloyds Bank is committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the industry and embracing the diversity of our people. We offer our colleagues ongoing training and development, mentoring, and networking opportunities, as well as extremely competitive benefits and vacation leave. We are dedicated to working with our community and in addition to a calendar of work-based volunteering and fundraising opportunities; we offer colleagues a “day to make a difference” each year for a charity of their choice.
The primary focus of the role will be on the CAM’s key responsibility for the assessment of LBCM lending proposals in line with the CB’s prescribed pricing and investment appetite. The role-holder will be required to work in partnership with the NA and Global LBCM coverage teams providing support in the structuring of their lending proposals and verification of the relationship returns assessed using the agreed CB pricing methodologies and model. In addition to these pricing assessment responsibilities the role-holder will also assist with producing the regular client relationship data and ad hoc analysis of the LBCM portfolio.
LBCM Portfolio Management’s responsibility is to support sustainable client relationships and drive efficient use of the LBCM balance sheet through an agile and dynamic balance sheet framework. The team’s key objectives are:
• Proactive stakeholder management for product and coverage areas to embed efficiency within all areas of Commercial Banking;
• Setting defined targets for our KPIs, allocating these across the business, and ensuring the clear communication of these targets;
• Monitoring delivery on balance sheet efficiency by owning and enhancing the governance process of new transactions.
The key role responsibilities and deliverables are:
• Assist in the assessment and processing of EPC pricing proposals within CB and LBCM appetite and relevant limits
• Undertake verification of EPC templates, holding or working towards an expected DVA (Delegated Verification Approval) level of £150m
• Liaise with front line coverage teams in preparation of proposals, demonstrating knowledge of underlying modelling assumptions and CB products & services
• Assist Head of Deal Approval in preparation for relevant governance committees
• Manage own workflow and prioritize effectively to ensure timely responses to coverage and that verification is completed within required timelines
• Build strong relationships with key coverage and product partners through telephone and written (email) communications
• Produce accurate and timely Management Information on deal flows, pipeline and approval volumes using agreed templates
• Strong analytical skills and acute attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to multi task and prioritize critical deliverables to tight deadlines
• Solid MS Excel knowledge and skills
• A good understanding of the LBG Product offering would be extremely beneficial, but is not essential.