Lloyds Bank forms an integral part of Lloyds Banking Group, a UK-focused retail and commercial bank with more than 30 million customers. We have been operating in North America for over 100 years, where our strategy is to provide a client-focused approach for global businesses with strong links to the UK. Our New York operations include corporate and wholesale banking, as well as broker dealership, through Lloyds Securities Inc.
Lloyds Bank is committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the industry and embracing the diversity of our people. We offer our colleagues ongoing training and development, mentoring, and networking opportunities, as well as extremely competitive benefits and vacation leave. We are dedicated to working with our community and in addition to a calendar of work-based volunteering and fundraising opportunities; we offer colleagues a “day to make a difference” each year for a charity of their choice.
• Responsible for the design and execution of the Quality Assurance Program as well as the supporting QA Risk Assessment for the North America Branch of Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets Plc as well as the US broker/dealer subsidiary, Lloyds Securities Inc.
• Plan and organize reviews and agree to compliance testing plans with relevant stakeholders. Ensure they are carried out effectively and within the timescales allocated, keeping management informed of their progress and findings
• Lead a staff of 3 in the identification and mitigation of regulatory and control gaps as well as policy and procedural infractions.
• Document fieldwork analysis in well-organized work-papers and summarize the results in detailed management reports.
• Provide recommendations for improvements to the control framework and supervisory structure.
• Manage outstanding issues identified during testing reviews. Ensure actions items are resolved in a satisfactory manner, in accordance with the agreed timelines and in accordance with all relevant policies and regulations.
• Present reports and analysis to internal committees, including Financial Crime Prevention and Compliance and Operational Risk on Key Risk Indicators to senior management.
• Develop strong working relationships with Audit and Operational Risk as well as Business Heads across multiple product platforms by providing ongoing and proactive support, advice and constructive recommendation on risk and control issues as they arise.
• Build awareness of the role of Compliance Quality Assurance in the context of the Group’s 3 Lines of Defense model.
Education and Experience Required:
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in internal audit, external audit or another assurance practice (Commercial Banking/Securities Markets exposure is a plus)
• Ability to understand business unit and Group strategy and business objectives to focus quality assurance work on the highest risks.
• Experience conducting Quality Assurance risk assessments, designing and implementing test plans.
• Experience with BSA/AML/OFAC requirements as well as Federal Reserve, SEC/FINRA and CFTC regulations.
• Ability to recognize key risks and to challenge and educate internal stakeholders on control best practices in US financial services market are essential.
• Advanced degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field a plus.
• Professional certifications (e.g. CPA, ACAMS, and Series 7) are a plus.
Key skills and knowledge required:
• Initiative and sound judgment
• The ability to prioritize conflicting demands
• The relationship management skills to build partnerships with business leaders and with other departments and
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Proven analytical ability and attention to detail
• Solid leadership and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced, team environment.
• Demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment and handle multiple concurring assignments